State Policies on Substance Abuse During Pregnancy
Substance abuse during pregnancy is considered…
- Criminal Act in 1 state;
- Child Abuse in 18 states;
- Grounds for Civil Commitment in 3 states.
Suspected substance abuse during pregnancy requires health care professionals to…
- Report in 18 states;
- Test for prenatal drug exposure in 4 states.
Drug treatment for pregnant women:
- 19 states have either created or funded drug treatment programs specifically targeted to pregnant women.
- 12 states provide pregnant women with priority access to state-funded drug treatment programs.
- 4 states prohibit publicly funded drug treatment programs from discriminating against pregnant women.
Child Commissions in the US
Child Commissions can be found in 9 States (Connecticut, Washington D.C, Utah, Massachusetts, Missouri, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Michigan). Their responsibility are to monitor and evaluate public and private agencies that are charged with the protection of children, and to review state agency policies and procedures to ensure that they protect children’s rights and promote their best interest. Learn about the policy and legal framework of HK.
<<< Previous article
Next article >>>